When it comes to pest control, there is no one-size-fits-all answer. The frequency of treatment will vary depending on many factors. That being said, some general guidelines can help you determine how often you need pest control services.
Pest control professionals can help you determine how often you need treatment and what type of treatment will work best for your situation. However, pests can cause significant damage and be inconvenient, so taking action is essential before they become a problem. In this blog post, we will discuss the guidelines regarding treatment options.
What Is The Necessary Pest Treatment Frequency?
How often do you need pest control services? That depends on many factors, including the type of pests you have, the environment around your home or business, and the severity of the infestation. Businesses that deal with food, customers, or sensitive information usually need more frequent pest treatments than other businesses.
What Are The Factors That Determine Pest Treatment Frequency?
There are a few factors that will determine how often you need pest control services:
- The type of pests you have
- The size and layout of your property
- The severity of the infestation
- Whether you have food or customers on your premises
Pests are often more active during the warmer spring and summer months so you may need more frequent treatments. In homes, generally, it’s best to treat the exterior parts of the business or your house every 3-4 months; systematic treatment like this will help prevent any lasting property damage from pest activity. However, the interior of your home and business is another story as these areas need more regular treatment.
Although it’s not as simple as spraying and moving on, treatment application must be made strategically to be effective. First, pest control services will inspect the problem areas, identify the pests, and determine the best way to eliminate them. After that, they’ll create a customized treatment plan for your home or business. As a rule of thumb, the interiors of most homes and businesses should be a bi-monthly affair to keep the pests at bay. An ongoing pest infestation will require regular and intense treatment plans that aggressively seek to eliminate the pests and prevent further structural damage.
Businesses That Need More Pest Control Services
As we mentioned, businesses dealing with food, customers, or sensitive information usually need more frequent pest treatments. These businesses can’t afford pests on their premises because they can contaminate food, spread diseases, and damage property.
Food businesses are especially vulnerable to pests because they provide a food source. Pests like mice and rats are attracted to food businesses, so these businesses need treatments more often. In addition, if pests contaminate the food and their customers become sick, authorities could shut the company down.
Customers also don’t want to see pests when shopping or dining out; treatment methods such as traps should be out of sight or in an inconspicuous place. Also, customers shouldn’t be able to hear any pest activity.
Sensitive information is another factor that businesses need to consider when deciding how often to have pest control services. Pests like cockroaches and ants can get into electrical equipment and damage it; this could lead to a data breach if the equipment stores sensitive information. Pest control services will help keep these pests away from electrical equipment and prevent damage.
If you’re not sure how often you should be treated, the best course of action is to consult with a pest control professional. They will be able to assess your home or business and give you specific recommendations.
What Causes Pest Infestations?
As any professional pest control technician can tell, pest infestations can happen for several reasons. Frequently, eliminating a few common causes improves the pest problem and makes treatment much more effective. Several things can cause pest infestations:
● Poor sanitation – Pests are attracted to food and water sources, so if there is poor sanitation, they will be more likely to infest a property. Damp and dark corners are perfect for spiders and cockroaches whose droppings and residue can cause problems. This is a massive problem in food businesses as pests can contaminate food and spread diseases.
● Clutter – Pests like to hide in dark and cluttered areas; this provides them with a safe place to breed and build their nests. Pests can also use clutter to find a food source, so it’s essential to keep food in sealed containers and clean up any spills regularly. Clutter gives pests a safe place where they can remain undisturbed.
● Sources of Food – Pests are attracted to food sources, so if there is food out in the open, they will be more likely to infest a property. This is why it’s essential to keep food in sealed containers and regularly clean up any spills.
● Open Entry Points – Pests can enter homes and businesses through small cracks and openings. Pests can find these entry points around doors, windows, vents, and pipes. Pests also gain entry into a property on clothing, boxes, and furniture.
Now that you know some of the common causes of pest infestations. Keep your home or business clean and clutter-free. You should regularly inspect your property to prevent pests.
Finding Qualified Pest Control Solutions
When looking for a qualified pest control company, you should keep a few things in mind. First, ensure the company is licensed and insured; this will protect you in case of any damage during the treatment.
The company should also provide a list of references. These references can be from past or current clients; they will be able to attest to the quality of work. Finally, the company should use eco-friendly methods. For example, pest control solutions should be safe for people and animals; they shouldn’t harm the environment.
Sprague Pest Solutions is a qualified pest control company based in Seattle that meets these criteria. They are licensed and insured and can provide references. They also use eco-friendly methods to get rid of pests; this is important for the safety of people, animals, and the environment. So if you’re looking for reliable pest control solutions, look no further than Sprague Pest Solutions.