Garage Remodel Ideas – The garage probably isn’t the first place you think of when you hear the words “fabulous finished space.” Traditionally, the garage has been seen as a practical, no-nonsense room that houses your car. Despite that, there’s no rule that says you can’t turn your garage into a room you actually want to spend time in. If you don’t know where to start, here are three ideas.
Start With The Basics
First, let’s make sure the functional parts of your garage are working properly. Do all of your electrical outlets work? Does the garage door roll up without issue? Is there enough space? You don’t want to tackle the cosmetic issues until your basic necessities are taken care of.
- For electrical issues, contact an electrician and have the problem checked out. It never hurts to have an inspection before you start plugging in new features.
- If your garage door isn’t working properly, call a garage door repair company and have them come fix the problem. After all, the core function of a garage is being able to get your car in and out easily.
- If your garage is the dumping ground for items from your house, go ahead and clear it out. Anything you don’t absolutely need should go, otherwise, you’ll have to find storage room for it later.
Once all your basic issues are taken care of, you can move on to the fun stuff.
Choose Enjoyable Decor
You have the opportunity to make your garage fabulously fun. Here are a few decor ideas that will liven up the space.
- Put up neon lights. They’re decorative, functional, low energy, and you can transform the mood of a room with the colors you choose.
- Paint it a bright color. Just because it’s a garage doesn’t mean it has to be bland and gray.
- If neon lights aren’t your style, try track lighting. Track lights have a cool, modern look and you can adjust them to shine where you want them to.
- Hang posters, signs, or other laid-back wall decor.
- If you have the space, consider some simple furniture. A work desk with a comfortable chair is perfect for a garage setting.
- If your garage is strictly about the cars, you can hang up vintage parts and tools to create a rustic feel.
Once you’ve decorated the room to your taste, it’ll feel much more welcoming.
You’re going to need somewhere to store the items that typically live in your garage, as well as any items from the house you couldn’t get rid of. Here are a few brilliant garage storage ideas.
- For open storage, put in wall-mounted shelves that go all the way up to the ceiling. Store seasonal items on top and regularly used items on the bottom.
- Get a pegboard to hang small objects like spare keys, tape, and tools.
- If you want closed storage, put in floor-to-ceiling cabinets and paint them bold colors to add flair.
- Hang items like bikes on the wall with strong reinforced hooks. Alternatively, you can get a wall rack that’s made for heavy objects.
- Get a ceiling track that’s made to allow plastic bins to hang from the ceiling. This will increase your storage space incredibly.
The main goal is for you to have a place for everything that doesn’t involve it being on the floor. Items on the floor make a space look smaller and more cluttered.
Every inch of your home should be a place that makes you feel welcome. Decide what you want and create your own fabulously finished garage. Just don’t forget to leave room for the cars – Garage Remodel Ideas